Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Randy Moss wants to reunite with Patriots


Randy Moss wants back in.

The vagabond wide receiver left the New England Patriots amid less-than-desirable circumstances last season, but seems to have discovered he never had it better.

"If you're asking me where my heart and where I'm happy is, I love playing with Tom Brady. I love being coached by Bill Belichick," Moss said Wednesday on KFAN 1130-AM in Minneapolis.

Moss joined guest host and Minnesota Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson to chat about a wild 2010 season. Moss started out in New England, passed quietly through Minnesota and concluded with the Tennessee Titans.

Moss' combined stats were a lackluster 28 receptions for 393 yards and five touchdowns. He will be a free agent once a new collective bargaining agreement is negotiated.

He also said he'd love to return to the Vikings and seemed to randomly add he would play for the Cleveland Browns or Seattle Seahawks if they wanted him.

"Wherever it is, I just want somebody to respect what I do," Moss said. "The loyalty that I believe in, man, I think that teams that I play for ... I just like loyalty, and I want that around me. Whoever wants me, that's where I'm going to play at."

But he stressed his affection for the Patriots in particular.

"I think that just the success as a wide receiver and everything that the New England Patriots stand for, you know, I'm a big fan of Bill Belichick's," Moss said. "I really am, and not just on the field. I'm a fan of his off the field because, you know, the little grouchy man that you see on-camera is not what you see off-camera.

"And people say 'Well, Moss, you got traded to Minnesota from New England!' Well, I just told y'all this is a business, man. People have to understand the nature of the business. It's not just a sport. The sport comes along with the business. If you really don't think it's a business, then why they sitting there, fighting over $9 billion?"

Should the Patriots consider signing Moss?

They do need an outside threat who can stretch a defense. But Moss turned 34 last month, and the Patriots went 11-1 without him, winning another AFC East title.

Moss also might need to mend fences with New England's coaching staff before anything can happen. ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss reported a verbal altercation between Moss and playcaller Bill O'Brien at halftime of their Week 4 victory over the Miami Dolphins marked Moss' last game for the Patriots.

No comments:

Post a Comment