Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tom Brady would welcome Randy Moss

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he spoke with Randy Moss just before the start of training camp this season and asked about a report that the wide receiver would be interested in coming out of retirement to play for New England again.

While Moss was not definitive in wanting to return, Brady was open to the idea of a reunion.

"Would it surprise me? You never know in the NFL," Brady told Boston sports radio WEEI during his weekly call-in Tuesday. "I talked to Randy just before the start of training camp. I love Randy. He's one of the greatest wide receivers in the history of the game, one of the greater players I've ever had the chance to play with.

"Unfortunately, I don't make personnel decisions. If I did, I'd still have all my friends here -- Troy [Brown], David Patten, Deion [Branch] never would have left. I've seen so many guys move on, then guys come back. Who knows? You never know what situation we'll be in here next week, for that matter.

"I can't get into [Moss's] brain at all. I love the guy. He's a great friend of mine. If he ever did have the opportunity to come back, I'd certainly welcome it with open arms."

Moss played 13 seasons with Minnesota, Oakland, New England and briefly Tennessee. The six-time Pro Bowler had arguably his best season as a pro with the Pats in 2007, catching 98 passes for 1,493 yards and a league-leading 23 touchdowns.

For his career, Moss has 14,858 receiving yards and 153 touchdowns, which is second only to Jerry Rice's 197 all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment