Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Patriots Tight End gets in trouble for posing in picture with another (professional) Tight End

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski said he apologized to team owner Robert Kraft after pictures of him with an adult film star appeared on Twitter during the team's bye week.

"I didn't intend anything to hurt the reputation of anyone on the New England Patriots or on behalf of Robert Kraft," said Gronkowski. "That's all, just a simple picture, that's all. From here on out, I'm just here to talk about the Pittsburgh Steelers and the big game this weekend."

Adult film star BiBi Jones posted photos of herself in Gronkowski's jersey standing with the tight end, who is shirtless.

She appeared on 98.5 the Sports Hub on Monday and said that the two of them share a mutual friend who played football with him at Arizona. Gronkowski was in Arizona at the time.

"I went into the room to take a picture with him and he said, 'Put on my jersey,'" Jones said to the radio station. "I asked him, 'Can I put these on my Twitter?' He was cool with it because I have more Twitter followers than him and he wanted me to get him more Twitter followers."

Jones added that nothing happened between the two of them, adding: "I wish something happened, but nothing happened."

Pressed on the matter Wednesday, Gronkowski tried to steer the conversation toward the Steelers. Asked if he had any regrets about the incident, Gronkowski reiterated his sentiment on the matter.

"[I was] not intending to hurt anyone or ruin the reputation of the New England Patriots in any way," he said. "[It's a] good organization here. ... I can't wait to get out to practice and focus on the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's all I'm worried about. It's all I care about."

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was actually relieved when he heard about the controversy.

"I'm just glad I'm no longer the one that people are making fun of on my team on a daily basis," Brady said Tuesday on WEEI-AM. "Gronk has definitely pulled into the lead there."

No comments:

Post a Comment